Monday, August 11, 2008

Decisions, decisions, part 2

On Saturday I wrote Cushing's & Cancer: Decisions, decisions: "Although this was not completely unexpected, I have been asked to be the interim assistant music director of my church. Prior to being asked, I had always thought that I would turn this position down immediately but now I find myself thinking about it. I have said that I would call in my decision on Monday so my weekend is cut out for me."

I think I've pretty much decided that I will say no. I actually made the call but got an answering machine. I talked to lots of people about this. Husband said YES, Best friend said that there was no way I would have the energy to do this.

When I woke up this morning, my first thought was "what if I had to go to work today?" and I realized that I couldn't do it, not today, anyway.

When I think about my naps and the little energy I have now... and since then we were looking at a puppy.

If we get her, that will be a further energy drain. But how could we resist this beautiful face?

So, at least until I get the return call, the answer is no.