Monday, August 11, 2008

Decisions, decisions, part 2

On Saturday I wrote Cushing's & Cancer: Decisions, decisions: "Although this was not completely unexpected, I have been asked to be the interim assistant music director of my church. Prior to being asked, I had always thought that I would turn this position down immediately but now I find myself thinking about it. I have said that I would call in my decision on Monday so my weekend is cut out for me."

I think I've pretty much decided that I will say no. I actually made the call but got an answering machine. I talked to lots of people about this. Husband said YES, Best friend said that there was no way I would have the energy to do this.

When I woke up this morning, my first thought was "what if I had to go to work today?" and I realized that I couldn't do it, not today, anyway.

When I think about my naps and the little energy I have now... and since then we were looking at a puppy.

If we get her, that will be a further energy drain. But how could we resist this beautiful face?

So, at least until I get the return call, the answer is no.

2 comments:

  1. I love puppies....they just grow up!! She is so cute, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Robin! We think so, too. She has her own blog (or course, or course!) and I'll post that later after we're sure we have her.

    This is kind of like the first days of pregnancy - you don't want to tell anyone "just in case..."

    ReplyDelete