Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer Music Camp
























My church is doing music camp again this summer as it has for the last 4 or 5 years. And once again, I was "volunteered" to help out. Every year, for the whole week, I have come home exhausted, bone-tired.

This year is no different but I found out last week that I was in charge of the handbell classes. EEEK! There are 5 classes each day from second to sixth grade. Each group is a mix of kids, some have rung for a few years, some have never rung at all. Getting these kids organized and capable of playing something at the end of this week will take a miracle! Except for the sixth grade, at the end of the first day none of the other classes could ring any actual music other than left hand, right hand, left hand...

I don't know if I could have handled (no pun intended!) this pre-Cushing's when I was younger or not but the stress and the long afternoons are really sapping my energy levels to next-to nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment