Monday, July 28, 2008

Should I have been a fortune teller?

My golden oldie post last night about feeling invisible was quite prophetic. 

I was very proud of something that had happened that I had a part in and I posted about it elsewhere.  I saw lots and lots of people read that post and only one person commented on it.  I guess I expected others to realize that this was a good thing and say a few words rather than just moving onto something else. 

In a way, this reminds me of my parents's behavior when I had their one and only grandchild.  We were still in the hospital and my husband brought them to see the new baby.  One or the other of them said "When you've seen one baby, you've seen them all".  Wow, what a gut wrencher that was for me.

I guess when you've seen one online accomplishment, you've seen all those, too.

I've since removed the post because I was tired of seeing the reader count go up and up.  This is a lesson I should have learned long ago but I didn't and it still hurts every single time.  You can't count on others for psychic income!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Mary! I didn't see the post. What happened? What was it?

    Hugs!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted the same thing that's just below this about being on the first page of the new search engine along with Harvard and OHSU - and a dog site, of course. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah..... I saw it but was heading out the door for an appointment and didn't get to respond. I don't think many folks really understand what it means, frankly. I guess they think, "of course it's on the front page" because they expect it to be. I was excited! (I did explore cuil a little....)

    ReplyDelete