Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So...

I've been killing myself the the last 8+ years, working for an average of 4 hours or so a day AND paying for most everything on the Cushing's sites.  Some donations come in but not nearly enough to cover expenses.  Don't even mention time.

I'm stuck on the non-profit paperwork.  I just can't seem to get the expense spreadsheet in order.  Where I pay for so much, I never really kept separate records.  And guessing future expenses?  Who knows what those will be.  But I need to do estimates on the spreadsheet.

If I were to post this on the message boards, people would say that sure, they'd help.  But then they'd disappear.  I've seen it time and time again.

I understand that they have lives, they're sick, other things to do.

Why am I so obsessed with doing things that nobody else even cares about?  If I stop - and I'm seriously thinking of it - I don't think anyone would notice that I wasn't doing, being, providing anymore.

Even on vacation, DH was working half days, so I was, too.  Bios, answering emails, board moderating, news items for the newsletter and Cushie.info, this blog and the other blogs I do.

If I stop, I don't know what I'd do with my days, though - maybe finally get the house clean?

I was just going to say I'd take the rest of this week off as a trial, then I remembered - there's an interview tomorrow night, then formatting that for iTunes. 

Maybe I'll take Friday off.

Maybe not :(

No comments:

Post a Comment