Friday, September 18, 2009

Now I've Done It!

I hope I haven't started too much again. 

Way back, when I knew nothing about Cushing's and getting support from other who suffered as I did, I started a site...and another and another.

I suffered alone with my Cushing's for many years.

Now I have kidney cancer and I'm 3 years post-op.  I have never talked with another person who has this and I'd like to.  I go to a lot of classes at my local cancer support center but most people are dealing with other types of cancer and they've said that mine is too rare to have a specific group. 

So... I started a "meet-up" group for kidney cancer survivors.  I don't know if anyone else will be interested but I have to try.  I know that the "average' kidney cancer patient is older than I am, a black male with polycystic kidneys. 

There must be other of us.  There are always people in the waiting room of my surgeon's office.

Please come join me and let me know that I'm not alone with this cancer, too.  Maybe together we can help ourselves and not be so alone with the suffering, the waiting, the scans and surgeries.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment