Monday, January 4, 2010

Cushing’s 22 Years, part 2

I just had my endo appointment on New Year’s eve, 2009.

Actually, it was kind of good having an appointment that day since there was no waiting, we good a great parking space in the garage, it was easy getting lunch afterwards at Baltimore’s Inner Harbor.

But, it’s always so disappointing.  If you look at other posts you’ll know I’m always checking the abstracts and news items to see if there’s anything that can help me.  There never is.

The big surprise was that my blood pressure was high which was really unusual for me. It has been very low since my cancer surgery. That, coupled with my enlarged lymph nodes was a red flag that something's not right. I'm supposed to do another CT scan in February to see if the lymph node has shrunk or gotten bigger - it's just staying the same, so it keeps getting scanned every 3 months. My only other option is a biopsy which sounds most unpleasant.


The main thing, which I knew anyway, was that there was nothing that could be done for my energy levels, since I can't take GH, except take more Cortef.

So, I'll still be tired and start gaining more weight.


I hate this! I feel like I'm half dead all the time :(

Part one of this post is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment