Thursday, August 13, 2009

Why my house is a mess!

I always knew it wasn't my fault (entirely!)

From an email from The Organizer Lady:

THE BOREDOM OF ROUTINE TASKS


What's the matter with me? Am I just lazy? That is the question many women ask themselves as they see their friends who are quick to clean the cabinets, fold the laundry, wash the dishes, file the papers, or whatever dreaded mundane task they procrastinate doing.


The answer may lie in research which shows that some who dread these type of jobs have bodies that are low in adrenaline. These people can focus and accomplish jobs they find exciting or interesting so they often say they can do what they are interested in. But if they are not interested, the jobs go undone. This is because excitement stimulates the production of adrenaline and, voila, they suddenly feel like doing the job. Sometimes they lose interest before the job is completely done, the adrenaline drops, and the stuff sits around the house half done. Cleaning up after the job is completed is definitely boring. No fun in that! So the ebb and flow of interest regulates whether the job gets done. And the house shows the effect of it.

(Tomorrow - What to do about it.)

I wonder if tomorrow will tell me to up my Cortef to get a cleaner house.

No comments:

Post a Comment