Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Newsletters

Here it is, after 1:30AM and I just finished up the bi-weekly Cushing's newsletter.  These are a summary of  what's happening on the sites, new bios, news items, new doctors and such.

I use a paid service to send these out and I've paid in advance for a year but I'm thinking that maybe they aren't worth it to keep up.

I post links to the newsletter archives everywhere, on Facebook, on cushie.info, on cushings-help.org on the message boards.  Of all the "hits" links to the newsletters have gotten, only one person has ever commented on them.

I've stopped posting news items on the boards altogether, putting them only in these newsletters and on cushie.info and I don't think anyone even noticed.

I don't know why I feel a compulsion to do all this "stuff".  I used to do a newsletter before - also a paid service to help with the mailing - and I stopped doing that because it was too much work.  So, here I am again and I don't even know if anyone reads these or gets anything out of them at all.

These sites are taking up more time than my actual job and I think if I just stopped everything now, the boards would go on as if nothing had happened at all.

But, if I stopped, there would be no "me" anymore, no identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment