Saturday, November 22, 2008

From last Spring: A repost...

I was talking online today with an old friend and Natalie's name came up.  It is so heart-wrenching when another Cushie dies :(

I still hate Cushing's.  It has taken away some of my best friends.

I am sitting here crying...I couldn't believe that our friend, Natalie Fay (Natalie65), died yesterday. She was only 42 and had recently had a BLA. I first met Natalie at a local lunch in November of 2001 and have seen her several times since then.

Natalie started the original "Dammit Dolls" that circulated around the country until people refused to pass them along anymore.

Dammit Doll.
Natalie also made counted cross-stitch Cushing's Awareness Pins:

Natalie's bio... http://www.cushings-help.com/natalies_story.htm

From 2001

From left: Joe (Natalie's husband), Natalie and Linda


Some recent past posts.

February 10, 2008
going to UVA I am going for my first visit with Dr. Hanks at UVA on the 20th. I will also see Dr. Vance that day. I haven't seen her before either. I am planning on having bilateral adrenal surgery in March. I am a little nervous about this, but it is going to be a positive thing I hope. I would love to hear from anyone who has had this done so that I will have an idea of what to expect. after surgery.
Thanks! Natalie

March 18, 2008
surgery update Hey everyone!
I'm back! It has been a very slow week and I'm just satrting to feel like moving around again. I had BLA on the 10th and came home on friday. My parents have taken my boys (3 & 6) home to Va. I have missed them so much this week, but I think it was the right thing to do. I don't know how I would have done it without them. I am still very sore and tired at times, but I'm coming along. Sorry this has taken so long to get out to you guys, I thought things were taken care of but I was wrong. Oh Well! I'm doing good and I'll keep in touch. Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.
Natalie

Signature:

pit surgery 1990
traditional 30 days radiation 1990
pit surgery 1995
sterotactic radiation surgery 1995
2004 still have remaining tumor
cortisol levels still off balance
BLA March 10, 2008

Funeral Services will be at Wright Funeral Home in Franklin, VA at 2pm on Friday the 25th. Graveside services will follow at Riverside Cemetary, Courtland, VA. Family visitation will be held Thursday the 24th at the residence of Edward and Nan Grissom, 16046 Wakefield Road, Courtland, VA from 7pm to 9pm.


In lieu of flowers, donations will be accepted to Cushing's Help - Mary O'Connor, 4094 Majestic Lane #328, Fairfax, VA 22033.


Thank you for all your prayers.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I HATE CUSHING'S!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment