Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wow! I'm luckier than I thought...

A snippet from Pfizer Files With The FDA For Review Of Axitinib For Patients With Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma

Each year, approximately 210,000 people worldwide are diagnosed with kidney cancer and nearly 102,000 people are expected to die from the disease. Within the last five years, great advances have been made in the treatment of patients with advanced RCC, the most prevalent form of kidney cancer. However, five-year survival rates for patients with advanced RCC remain low, at around 20 percent.

I've been NED for just over 5 years now...

I'm so glad that there are drugs coming out for kidney cancer now.  When I had my surgery, my surgeon patted me on the hand and said not to worry, that I'd just have the surgery but no chemo.  What he DIDN"T tell me was that, at that time, there was NO chemo that would knock this beast out.

I'm glad he didn't tell me the whole story then.  I was panicked enough.  But Im sure glad that people are working on new treatments, just in case.

Now, if they could get started on something better for Cushing's, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment