Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Celebrity With Cushing’s?

Over the years we have talked about how “nice” (nice doesn’t really apply to Cushing’s so maybe that should be “helpful to the cause”)  it would be to have a celebrity spokesperson, someone famous who has Cushing’s.

I’ve always thought that Jerry Lewis looked like he had steroid-induced Cushing’s, Liz Taylor has looked Cushie at various times. There’s new evidence that King Henry VIII might have had Cushing’s.

Today, for the first time, I have read of a person (unknown to me, but he seems to be “someone”) who has admitted that he has Cushing’s.

Travis Michael Holder writes at http://www.entertainmenttoday.net/content/view/892/28/

During the rehearsals for Besarab, I went through two cataract surgeries, lost another major chunk of chunk, and grabbed a cane to combat the last steroid-induced indignity to my body, a severe muscle and joint syndrome called Cushing’s disease.

What do you think?  Any other celebrities that you’ve heard of with Cushing’s?  We need  a spokesperson already!

2 comments:

  1. Well, this is a realitively new thing for me, Cushing's, so I don't know anyone yet bit one day I will have a diagnosis and hipefully one day I will be famous. I'm already on IMDB! Thanks for all you do! BTW, any good good documentarys on Cushing's? Need one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mischa Barton is looking very Cushing's to me, she has gained a tremendous amount of weight over a very short period of time and they say it's due to alcohol (may be alcohol induced Cushing's or she may be self medicating with alcohol as some Cushing's sufferers do, I posted a link below, I hope it works!

    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/945452a926.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/tag/gaining-weight&usg=__Fk04Ycg2x9AYxM2jW6iKhGcuE2s=&h=378&w=200&sz=65&hl=en&start=59&um=1&tbnid=7weSEBV-si3bRM:&tbnh=122&tbnw=65&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmischa%2Bbarton%2Bweight%2Bgain%2Bbefore%2Band%2Bafter%2Bpic%26ndsp%3D21%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN%26start%3D42%26um%3D1

    ReplyDelete