Do you blog? Want to get started?
Since April 8 is Cushing's Awareness Day, several people got their heads together to create this blogging challenge.
All you have to do is blog about something Cushing's related for the 30 days of April. Robin designed 3 versions of our "official logo" to put on your blogs.
Please note that these are thumbnails - the actual image is larger than shown here. Click on the images to view actual size.
If your blog wants you to upload an image from your desktop, right-click on the image above and choose "save-as". Remember where you saved it to!
In all cases, the URL for the site is http://www.cushings-help.comSmall. If your blog asks you to enter the URL, use this:
Medium. If your blog asks you to enter the URL, use this:
Large. If your blog asks you to enter the URL, use this:
Please let me know the URL to your blog and I will list it on CushieBloggers ( http://cushie-blogger.blogspot.com/ ) The more people who participate, the more the word will get out about Cushing's.
Suggested topics - or add your own!
- In what ways have Cushing's made you a better person?
- What have you learned about the medical community since you have become sick?
- If you had one chance to speak to an endocrinologist association meeting, what would you tell them about Cushing's patients?
- What would you tell the friends and family of another Cushing's patient in order to garner more emotional support for your friend? challenge with Cushing's? How have you overcome challenges? Stuff like that.
- I have Cushing's Disease....(personal synopsis)
- How I found out I have Cushing's
- What is Cushing's Disease/Syndrome? (Personal variation, i.e. adrenal or pituitary or ectopic, etc.)
- My challenges with Cushing's
- Overcoming challenges with Cushing's (could include any challenges)
- If I could speak to an endocrinologist organization, I would tell them....
- What would I tell others trying to be diagnosed? What would I tell families of those who are sick with Cushing's?
- Treatments I've gone through to try to be cured/treatments I may have to go through to be cured.
- What will happen if I'm not cured?
- I write about my health because…
- 10 Things I Couldn’t Live Without.
- My Dream Day.
- What I learned the hard way
- Miracle Cure. (Write a news-style article on a miracle cure. What’s the cure? How do you get the cure? Be sure to include a disclaimer)
- Health Madlib Poem. Go to : http://languageisavirus.com/cgi-bin/madlibs.pl and fill in the parts of speech and the site will generate a poem for you.
- The Things We Forget. Visit http://thingsweforget.blogspot.com/ and make your own version of a short memo reminder. Where would you post it?
- Give yourself, your condition, or your health focus a mascot. Is it a real person? Fictional? Mythical being? Describe them. Bonus points if you provide a visual!
- 5 Challenges & 5 Small Victories.
- The First Time I…
- Make a word cloud or tree with a list of words that come to mind when you think about your blog, health, or interests. Use a thesaurus to make it branch more.
- How much money have you spent on cushing's, or, How did Cushing's impact your life financially?
- Why do you think Cushing's may not be as rare as doctors believe?
- What is your theory about what causes Cushing's?
- How has Cushing's altered the trajectory of your life? What would you have done? Who would you have been?
- What three things has Cushing's stolen from you? What do you miss the most? What can you do in your Cushing's life to still achieve any of those goals? What new goals did Cushing's bring to you?
- How do you cope?
- What do you do to improve your quality of life as you fight Cushing's?
- Your thoughts...?